Head of Decision Sciences
Mosaic is building upon its success in solar and expanding into home improvement, making it easy by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
You will lead the hub of sophisticated analytics that enables Mosaic’s Risk group and related teams to develop and enhance strategies and policies across the life span and spectrum of Mosaic’s business. Using a variety of robust analytical and statistical methods, you will contribute to the development and refinement of Mosaic’s underwriting criteria, credit and collections policies, and operational approach. You will collaborate within the Risk team to identify the most significant opportunities to refine strategy based on available internal data, credit bureau data, and alternative data sources, and will develop and implement criteria and models that optimize Mosaic’s business in dynamic and prudent ways. You will also work with other teams in operations, sales and marketing, and capital markets to creatively and collaboratively enable strategies that help Mosaic sustainably grow and serve our customers. You will have a primary role in communicating key topics regarding criteria and model development, analytic results, and strategic implications to key stakeholders and ensuring that Risk’s model development efforts create highly relevant positive impact for Mosaic.
- Deepen and refine Mosaic’s use of credit bureau, internal data, and alternative data in underwriting decisions
- Contribute to other criteria and models in use by the Risk team, including counterparty risk management and scorecard approaches
- Identify and develop new models to improve performance outcomes or operating efficiency
- Engage in ongoing model testing and monitoring to ensure high performance of existing models; backtest models and refine/adjust when necessary
- Ensure that model development follows industry best practices and that development and ongoing procedures are appropriately documented
- Participate in senior level conversations to relate data and analytical insights to key decisions made at Mosaic; identify and execute where additional analytics will improve the quality of Mosaic’s decision-making
- Work with other members of the Risk team to identify key business themes and integrate model development efforts with reporting, analytical, strategy development and related efforts underway by other members of the team
- Support other Mosaic teams when sophisticated modeling and analytic techniques are required
- Manage the day-to-day efforts and support the long-term professional development of at least one team member
- Consistently demonstrate our values, building constructive and supportive relationships with peers, diverse teams, and work groups across the organization to achieve goals and promote a positive, productive, professional, work environment
What you bring to the team
- 7+ years in quantitative modeling discipline, preferably in consumer lending at a Fintech or Bank
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline such as statistics, econometrics, math, engineering
- Significant experience with credit bureau data, alternative data, and related services
- Experience with scorecard development, testing and maintenance
- Strong technical skills including Python and/or SQL, statistical modeling tools available on an open source or freeware basis (R, etc.), expert in Excel
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to explain technical modeling concepts in a simple manner to a variety of senior level stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with, and effectively communicate across, all levels within the organization
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of credit rules engine platforms such as FICO Blaze, GDS Link, or equivalent
- Experience with unseasoned lending platforms or in environments with limited data
- Collections strategies modeling experience
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top