Engineering Manager-Data Engineering & Insights
Mosaic is building upon its success in solar and expanding into home improvement, making it easy by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
To complement our rapid growth, we are actively seeking a bright and talented Engineering Manager-Data Engineering & Insights to join our growing Data Engineering team. In this role, you will lead a team of outstanding full stack Data Engineers
- Lead Technology, Team and Delivery aspects of the Data Engineering & Insights group within Mosaic
- Architect, Design and build scalable data systems & robust data pipelines using scripting in SPARK, Airflow, Python and SQL.
- Lead the development of Machine Learning models
- Lead, mentor, recruit and grow a team of Data Engineers & Data Scientists
- Actively recruit full time and contractor engineers as needed
- Ensure interdependencies among projects are identified and projects are delivered on time with quality and reliability
- Run efficient Spring planning, Daily stand ups, retrospectives and provide hands on support to the team. Remove blockers for the team
- Partner with Devops and other Engineering Organizations to ensure smooth delivery of projects
- Build and maintain quarterly roadmaps and resource planning
- This is a 60% hands on coding role with 40% Management.
- Design data warehouse/data marts in AWS Redshift and other databases as appropriate.
What you bring to the team
- Masters or equivalent in CS/Engineering or another comparable discipline
- You have at least 10+ years of technical experience In Data Engineering/Data Warehouse/Data Science and Analytics space with at least 2 years as a Manager or Team Lead in a fast-paced company.
- You have deployed Data, Reporting and Data Science Projects in production multiple times in the past
- You are hands on and love writing code along with your team
- You are very technical and an affable people manager
- Very strong skills in Python, SQL, SPARK, Redshift, Airflow, AWS
- Familiarity with Agile methods (we use agile tools)
- Experience with reporting tools like Tableau is a plus.
- Team player, agile, highly accountable, curious, willing to learn, implement and teach
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and deliver to timelines
- Experience in the consumer lending industry required is a plus
- Experience with open source tools such as Kafka is a plus
- Experience in any JVM based language
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top