Director of Compliance
Mosaic is seeking a talented individual for the position as Director of Compliance to support the company’s lending activities. Based in Oakland, CA, and reporting to the General Counsel, the candidate will contribute and help build a strong and innovative compliance and risk management culture.
This individual will help develop the Company’s corporate compliance program and will implement and maintain policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the Board of Directors, management and employees understand and adhere to regulatory and other risk management requirements. This role also provides support and expertise to advise and guide the company, business lines and operational areas in the evaluation and development of effective compliance internal controls, monitoring-testing, issues management, program governance, and process improvements.
- Provides guidance to senior officers and managers on all ethics, business conduct and compliance matters
- Establish, maintain and leverage relationships with other functional areas, such as the Accounting, the Legal Department and Human Resources and business units to direct activities to promote an effective and synchronized approach to risk management
- Advise on compliance with laws and regulations applicable to consumer lending, day-to-day corporate operations, including consulting on the design and implementation of key strategic initiatives and business changes to provide tactical regulatory/compliance advice on regulatory requirements
- Ensure that remediation efforts are sufficient and timely; Review action plans and remediation documentation to support event closure; Participate in root cause analysis and the identification of customer experience improvement activities
- Prepare for and coordinate third-party examinations, including ensuring that information requests from third-party partners and regulators are completed timely and accurately
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key business and staff group partners to promote an effective and synchronized approach to risk management
- Must have outstanding communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects
- Work to simplify the legal, regulatory, and risk management requirements that business teams must satisfy and develop strategies to support the efficient implementation of those requirements – ability to use data to support testing efforts and risk assessment
- Oversee and implement testing program to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls and develop periodic reporting on the test results
- Establish, implement and supervise compliance policies and procedures throughout the organization to ensure that the compliance program is effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance with regulatory requirements
- Conduct enterprise-wide risk assessments and monitor compliance risk metrics
- Oversee the development and assignment of compliance training programs
- Participate in business management, risk, new product and project meetings and provides compliance risk advice as well as ongoing information about new and changing regulatory developments
- Serve as a member of the Compliance Committee and assist in the creation and execution of the agenda
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s or Certification preferred)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with a “hands-on” approach and balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope / direction, all with a high sense of urgency
- 5 years of financial services experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of financial services laws and regulations, risk management controls, internal control practices and audit concepts and techniques
- Self-starter, with the ability to follow through on matters and bring them to resolution in a timely and reasonable manner
- 10 years of financial services experience, preferably in compliance, risk management, operations and/or audit roles
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and interpret and apply them to Mosaic’s business model
- Well-developed skills in leadership, influence management, public-private industry partnerships, business advocacy, communication and training. Ability to think and act strategically and tactically.
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Information Privacy Professional, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Marketing Project Manager
Ajay works on Mosaic’s Marketing Team. He facilitates collaborative projects involving multiple teams and helps produce the marketing content that different teams need.
Back to top