BI Reporting Engineer
Founded in 2010, Mosaic is a rapidly growing provider of consumer lending solutions for the home energy market. Covered in Bloomberg, Forbes, TechCrunch, and The New York Times, Mosaic is currently the largest residential solar lender by volume nationally and will be expanding into new verticals in 2016 — efficiency (HVAC, windows, lighting), batteries and home automation. Centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland, Mosaic is growing fast and we are looking for top talent to take us to the next level.
To complement our rapid growth, we are actively sourcing for a bright and talented BI Engineer to join our Business Intelligence group. This group is critical to Mosaic as the primary data provider or “source of truth” for the company. In this role, you will help build a data warehouse from disparate relational databases and support building and scheduling Tableau reports. Your contributions to the reporting infrastructure will empower Accounting, Sales, Treasury and Risk Operations to self-service reports and help support millions of people transitioning to clean energy with the leading solar finance company.
Generate periodic and adhoc reports for operations managers and staff, giving them transparency on business volume and operational metrics over daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly time frames
- Analyze data to understand workload, identify trends, and highlight problem areas to help improve and streamline operational processes
- Create custom dashboards for efficient communication of key performance indicators and a wide variety of metrics, tailored to team needs and objectives
- ETL and combine information from multiple information sources, including SQL, Zendesk, CRM and loan management systems to help build out our Amazon Redshift data warehouse
What you bring to the team
Bachelor's degree in the sciences, mathematics, engineering, operations research, statistics, information systems, or comparable quantitative discipline
- 3-5 years' experience in data warehouse and/or BI roles
- Excellent Tableau and Excel data visualization skills;
- Ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with team members and managers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent SQL skills with MS-SQL, MySQL and Postgres databases
- Programming skills with any general purpose programming language
Additional / Preferred Skills
- Experience working with customer service data in systems like Zendesk and Quickbase is a plus
- Working knowledge of Amazon EC2, S3, Redshift is a plus
- Working knowledge of R or Scala is a plus
Mosaic provides competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment where people bring their full selves to work. We are deeply mission and vision driven, we support working remotely when needed and have unlimited vacation days. The company has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude.
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Marketing Project Manager
Ajay works on Mosaic’s Marketing Team. He facilitates collaborative projects involving multiple teams and helps produce the marketing content that different teams need.
Back to top