Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
Mosaic’s Accounting Manager will fulfill an important role in a rapidly-growing company. Reporting to the Controller, this full-time role will be a leadership position in the accounting department building the department to maintain strong processes and controls, and a timely monthly close. You will manage as well as being involved in the daily accounting work.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statements
- Manage month end close, ensuring timely close
- Own monthly consolidation and elimination entries
- Own the accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepaid expenses, accruals, credit cards, fixed assets, office lease, corporate debt, cash, equity, payroll, intercompany, and commercial loan processes, inclusive of controls and proper GAAP accounting treatment
- Research technical accounting issues and prepare accounting memos for review by auditors
- Own and manage commercial loan portfolio servicing
- Co-manage interim and year-end audit process
- Prepare GAAP footnote disclosures for responsible areas, including support documentation
- Participate in new general ledger system implementation post go-live stabilization activities (Oracle Fusion)
- Recommend and implement process and control improvements
- Own operational process improvements, working within and cross functions
- Contribute to other ad hoc accounting items as required
What you bring to the team
- 8+ years of Accounting experience
- 2+ years in a leadership position
- Minimum B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting
- Active CPA
- Consumer lending, financial services or specialty finance industry experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Accounting systems knowledge on Oracle Fusion a plus
- Must be results-oriented with an ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment, and work well under pressure with a positive attitude
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, as well as recommend and implement corrective actions
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly
- Must be driven to exceed expectations
- Team player able to work with all departments and team members, as well as willing to roll up sleeves and complete detailed work as needed
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Brilliant mind who is inquisitive and eager to learn
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Mosaic's Employees
Assistant General Counsel
As Mosaic’s Assistant General Counsel, Veronica oversees the legal and regulatory compliance of company operations. She also drafts and negotiates contracts for every aspect of Mosaic’s business dealings.
Back to top