Workday HCM Reporting Analyst
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices, is seeking a Workday HCM Reporting Analyst in the Philadelphia office, reporting to the Manager, HR Systems & Analytics. This position plans, coordinates and manages the Firm's human resource information systems to ensure end user productivity and efficiency and also serves as the liaison between the Firm's metrics established within the Workday (HRIS) system and the end-user (HR) community.
The Workday HCM Reporting Analyst analyzes the business needs of the Human Resources function and provides recommendations for the use of metrics in supporting those needs. Activities include responsibility in any one or more of the following areas in regards to reporting: functional analysis, design and documentation, system administration, process re-engineering and functional systems testing and training.
Business Needs Support/Process Re-engineering
- Responsible for being the primary resource for all Workday HCM data requests.
- Handle routine data queries, as well as building complex composite reports and dashboards with Workday.
- Consults with Firm and local HR department teams to evaluate their needs in order to provide metrics that drive business decisions.
- Monitor changes to Workday on a biyearly basis during regular system updates and react to them appropriately with configuration changes and stakeholder communication.
- Identifies, recommends and implements innovative reporting processes and procedures to improve efficiency considering system capabilities, system capacity and limitation, operating time, and desired results.
- Makes "best practice" recommendations to insure optimal use based on knowledge of firm processes and technology.
- Oversee ad manage the strategy of Workday HCM Reporting.
- Develop and maintain simple to complex Workday reports (advanced/Matrix/Composite).
- Troubleshoot report related issues and resolve in a timely manner.
- Lead efforts to analyze and optimize all report performance.
- Maintain proper change management documentation to satisfy the Firm's internal/external audit controls.
- Stay informed of new functionality available in Workday and drive the deployment of feature releases as it relates to reporting/metrics/dashboards.
- Troubleshoot minor security issues.
- Assists the HR Centers of Excellence and local HR teams with the data analysis, design, system configuration and testing associated with established cycle requirements.
- Teams with Information Technology to develop and implement new or enhanced technology (e.g., interfaces, outsourced vendor arrangements, system integration) and manages service and support.
- Develops user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Assists with software implementation and upgrades as necessary.
- Ability to report on all HR system modules, specifically Workday Compensation, Time and Absence, Benefits, Performance Management, Talent, and HCM Core.
This job requires:
- a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, and
- a minimum 2 years of directly related HRIS or HR Operations experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with a global cloud-based HCM system (Workday required), with experience in a wide variety of modules and workstreams.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- Experience with Workday and ViDesktop.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Planning/organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and professional publications, prepare business correspondence, proposals and reports, effectively present information to groups of employees, and respond to questions from employees, managers, clients and vendors.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top