Systems Infrastructure Engineer
- Philadelphia, PA
Reporting to the Manager of Data Center Operations, the Senior Systems Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for managing and supporting the Firm's global infrastructure environment, and will assist in the ongoing development of new technology solutions.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides detailed technical guidance and project management for large-scale domestic and international projects.
- Works with the Architecture team to implement short and long-term strategic plans and ensure the infrastructure designs and capacity requirements meet existing and future business requirements.
- Participates and leads in departmental project teams and task forces designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues; assists with various firm and/or departmental projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining and conducting research and making recommendations on products, services, technology, and standards in support of infrastructure related procurement and development efforts.
- Provides tier III support for client requests, incidents and problems related to our server and storage subsystems.
- Where needed, provides after-hours support to address incidents and to maintain systems, support operational efforts and implement changes that would otherwise create an adverse business impact.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Collaborates with other teams in the development, implementation, testing, and rollout of new hardware, software, and applications serving the firm's business needs.
- Assists the team in the development, interpretation, administration and communication of departmental strategies, policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a basic knowledge of / be proficient in the following:
- Proven and advanced understanding of Infrastructure hardware, physical/virtual servers, system monitoring, layered applications, enterprise storage devices, security and patch management concepts.
- Enterprise working experience with advanced knowledge of both the Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems.
- Proven and advanced understanding of troubleshooting and performance tuning of server hardware, storage devices and operating systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and or equivalent
- minimum 7 years enterprise experience working in an enterprise environment, minimum 5 years' experience working with the Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems
or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- Thorough command of the industry language and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a variety of technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, use initiative and judgment to accomplish results, participate as a team leader or member of a team, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Proven leadership qualities in the areas of verbal/written presentations, emails and documentation management.
- Has a clear understanding and advanced knowledge of the change management processes, business escalations and conflict resolution.
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents, instructions and manuals, write routine business correspondence, and speak effectively with employees, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively and professionally with other team members, clients, management or target audience as needed.
- Ability to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions, involving several variables, in routine situations.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top