Senior Manager of Associate Talent
- Boston, MA
- San Francisco, CA
- Philadelphia, PA
- New York, NY
- Washington, DC
- Los Angeles, CA
- Chicago, IL
SEARCH FIRMS: Morgan Lewis does not accept resumes or referrals from search firms for most staff positions. If you are a search firm, employment agency, or representative of either, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate to a position not approved for agency recruiters and/or for an inquiry submitted to anyone other than the recruiting contacts as listed on our main website.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with more than 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices, is seeking a Senior Manager of Associate Talent. Reporting to the Senior Director of Associate Talent, this position provides strategic leadership to the Associate Talent Team, managing development, coordination, and implementation of firmwide associate talent programs. Although currently remote, this position can reside in our Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, or Washington, D.C. office.
The Associate Talent Team at Morgan Lewis is committed to fostering associate success by facilitating best in class attorney recruiting, coaching, diversity and inclusion, pro bono, and professional development programs. A highly collaborative, natural relationship builder and people-person, the Senior Manager of Associate Talent plays a key role in working with firm leadership and the Associate Talent Team on firmwide initiatives to advance our commitment to making Morgan Lewis a destination firm for exceptional associate talent.
Key responsibilities include:
- Recommends, develops, and implements strategic associate engagement and retention programs including people and succession planning, innovative remote and flexible working initiatives, connection opportunities, networking and mentorship programs
- Collaborates with the Diversity & Inclusion, Professional Development, Recruiting and Coaching teams to recommend and develop dynamic associate training programs and talent acquisition and development initiatives
- Maintains expertise for the firm through research and market intelligence to support and create innovative talent management programming
- Prepares reports and communications for the Senior Director of Associate Talent and firm management related to associate talent key performance indicators, including analyzing associate attrition and retention data
- Manages Associate Talent Team Strategic Plan, regularly measuring and evaluating progress
- Along with the Senior Director, serves as primary liaison to the Firmwide Global Committee on Associates, working with members to develop strategic priorities, goals, and objectives for the committee
- Prepares annual budget, trainings, communications, and firm management reports related to the annual non-partner lawyer year-end evaluation and compensation process
- Works cross-functionally to make recommendations regarding associate onboarding, orientation, and outplacement
- Manages firmwide market survey administration strategy and works with external publications to elevate firm brand and reputation
- In collaboration with marketing, develops associate talent branding including communications and web content
- Oversees Associate Talent Team budgets and seeks opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce expenses by streamlining operations
- Supervises and manages team of Associate Talent Coordinators and Assistants
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant talent management experience in a professional services firm, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a wide range of individuals with differing opinions and diverse personalities
- Commitment to exceptional client service and dedication to high-quality work
- Time management and organizational skills to prioritize work and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate needs, and exercise independent, sound judgment
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to adapt to new software programs
- Flexibility with working hours
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top