Senior HRIS Analyst
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking a Senior HRIS Analyst, reporting to the Manager, HR Systems and Analytics. This position will reside in the Philadelphia office and be responsible for analyzing the business needs of the Human Resources function and providing recommendations for the use of technology in supporting those needs.
Business Needs Support/Process Re-engineering
- Consults with Firm and local HR department teams to evaluate their needs and to provide technology solutions.
- Analyzes the business needs of the department and recommends appropriate applications or enhancements to existing applications to support those needs.
- Conducts workflow analysis.
- Identifies, recommends and implements innovative business system processes and procedures to improve efficiency considering system capabilities, system capacity and limitation, operating time, and desired results.
- Makes "best practice" recommendations to insure optimal use based on knowledge of firm processes and technology.
- Conducts process design and gap analysis, functional system design with formal documentation and system configuration.
- Provides overall project management for select HR Operations initiatives.
- Plans and manages the configuration of multiple current systems; specifically dealing with Workday Core, Workday Compensation and Advanced Compensation, Workday Reporting and Metric Creation.
- Assists the HR Centers of Excellence and local HR teams with the process flows, data analysis, design, system configuration and testing associated with annual and off cycle events such as merit increases, bonus payments and job structure enhancements.
- Evaluates system functionality versus business needs; recommends and implements application solutions or alternate methods to meet business requirements.
- Teams with Information Technology to develop and implement new or enhanced technology (e.g., interfaces, outsourced vendor arrangements, system integration) and manages service and support.
- Prepares test plans/scripts; executes test scripts; oversees and supports user acceptance testing.
- Develops user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Assists with software implementation and upgrades as necessary.
- Provides level 3 support for all HR system modules, specifically Workday Compensation, Time and Absence, Benefits, and HCM Core.
- Coordinates with Firm IT to resolve application issues.
- Actively participates in user acceptance testing and documentation of software applications.
- Assists end-users and clients on technology related issues.
- Administers and supports all HR system applications
- Designs and delivers complex ad-hoc reports with available tools.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of directly HRIS or HR experience, preferably in a professional services industry. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience with a global cloud-based HCM system implementation (Workday preferred), with specific experience in the areas of Compensation, Recruiting and Onboarding, and/or Time and Attendance (Workday and/or Kronos preferred).
- Candidates must also have advanced skills in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills (including grammar and punctuation), as well as strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The successful candidate will possess effective problem solving and time management skills, the ability to multi-task, independent decision making, discretion and judgment.
- The position is best suited for individuals who are self-motivated and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top