Project Manager - Practice Technology
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading international law firms firm with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking a Project Manager for the eData Practice Technology Practice Support group reporting to the eData Practice Support Manager. This positionwill be responsible for managing all technical aspects of eDiscovery and litigation support projects for assigned clients and matters guided by the eData Practice Technology department's objectives and priorities.
• Serve as the primary point of contact throughout the eDiscovery and litigation support project lifecycle
• Provide expert consultation on eDiscovery technology and best practices to ensure the highest level of client service and satisfaction is attained in all areas of the position
• Consistently promote and model eData's guiding principles in excellence, client service, innovation, agility, and teamwork.
• Ensure exemplary client service and communication management to all internal and external clients; proactively promote client service throughout department and among teams; respond to peer requests with recognition that request serves a client or Firm need.
• Execute and manage eDiscovery project plans, risk management plans, communication plans as well as provide vendor and budget management for eDiscovery and litigation support projects in conjunction with the manager and/or Senior Project Manager.
• Develop cost estimates and advise clients on maximizing efficiencies and cost reductions, manage actual cost to resources during life cycle of the project and complete all eData billing procedures.
• Monitor and control schedule, cost, and quality aspects of the project while delivering logistical support to the legal team as related to the eData Practice Technology portions of the project.
• Develop and adhere to Firm protocol to properly document eDiscovery project plans including workflows, role and task assignments, estimates, time tables and process improvements.
• Ensure standard procedures for eDiscovery and litigation support projects are consistently applied. Monitor and adjust procedures to effectively comply with Risk Management policies.
• Act as the primary point of contact and the liaison for e-discovery and litigation support issues between legal team, eData Legal, eData Practice Technology, technical staff, vendors and discovery consultants to ensure proper communication between the parties.
• Facilitate and complete training sessions for internal and external clients regarding end user functionality within eData tools, including becoming the assigned matter's point of contact for training for the duration of the matter.
• Develop eDiscovery data processing and production specifications for vendors and/or analysts to meet legal requirements.
• Promote and encourage legal teams to leverage internal eData resources through all phases of eDiscovery.
• Evaluate the most efficient and cost effective use of firm and client resources to institutionalize and apply lessons learned regarding each project organizationally.
• Consult with the legal team and clients on the selection of appropriate eData or outside eDiscovery resources and software solutions.
• Delegate appropriate workflow tasks to analysts and vendors, including data management, processing, production and quality control.
• Oversee the entire vendor lifecycle including initial due diligence, RFP evaluation of services, error resolution, pricing and invoice process when required to fill service gaps.
• Review and evaluate new eDiscovery and litigation support technology and make suggestions on how to improve eData service offerings.
• Complete and release time entry on a daily basis and time sheets on a weekly basis.
• Complete eData billing process including entering billable events, monitoring time entry on matters and making value added edits, and completing final time entry billing audits.
• Ensure that matter information is captured properly in eDiscovery ERM tool (ODIN) including metrics and chain of custody.
• Participate in educational eDiscovery presentations for internal and external clients.
• Actively seek out and execute internal business development opportunities for eData.
• Lead planning and implementation of eData Practice Technology's internal operational initiatives for process improvement and standardization.
• Participate in creating and disseminating appropriate eData Practice Technology policies and procedures.
• Understand and adhere to all department standards and procedures.
• Ensure expertise in technology is relevant to the position; proactively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
• Keep abreast of emerging eDiscovery litigation support technology and processes, finding opportunities to adjust and implement the technology and processes into the eData System where appropriate.
• Ensure current knowledge of department software applications; and that personal knowledge remains current and comprehensive in area(s) of expertise.
• Actively participate in and contributes to industry peer groups.
• A Bachelor's degree in business, legal studies, information systems or related field from a four-year college or university plus a minimum of five years' experience in litigation support or eDiscovery consulting with at least two of those years in a multi-office law firm.
• Or, a minimum of nine years of relevant experience in litigation support or eDiscovery consulting with at least two of those years in a multi-office law firm, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The ability to effectively manage technical and quality issues with eDiscovery and Litigation Support providers; excellent team work skills and strong client-service orientation;
• The ability to work concurrently on projects; and the flexibility and dexterity to rapidly shift focus.
• Advanced training in project management or operations management and experience with third generation litigation support applications, review platforms and techniques is a plus.
• Proficiency in Concordance, Relativity, IPRO, LiveNote, MS Access and other Microsoft tools; have exposure to Recommind Axcelerate and predictive coding workflows;
• A comprehensive understanding of how databases work; demonstrated skills in manipulating database load files; understand information technology and network infrastructure;
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top