- Philadelphia, PA
SEARCH FIRMS: Morgan Lewis does not accept resumes or referrals from search firms for most staff positions. If you are a search firm, employment agency, or representative of either, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate to a position not approved for agency recruiters and/or for an inquiry submitted to anyone other than the recruiting contacts as listed on our main website.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking an IT Program Manager. Reporting directly to a Partner of Litigation, the IT Program Manager is ultimately responsible for the design and delivery of people, process and/or technology projects ranging from small, function-specific projects to large, complex, firm-wide programs. The IT Program Manager is responsible for developing, analyzing, and managing the execution of project plans, schedules, status reporting and resource forecasts while controlling and mitigating project risks. They will ensure successful project execution and completion by managing project constraints in terms of cost, time, scope, and quality in adherence with established organization and enterprise project management practices.
- Manages a medium to large-scale program from planning to completion by facilitating meetings with project stakeholders and personnel.
- Translates general objectives into project estimation and execution plans.
- Manages project financials and providing input and justification for costs and budget impact.
- Monitors overall project performance (e.g., on time, on budget, within resources) against plan and making adjustments as needed.
- Identifies and resolving issues.
- Manages the work of program teams by assembling team resources which ensure the alignment of team member skills and strengths with project demands.
- Communicates a clear vision of project goals and objectives to the team.
- Coordinates team activities to ensure project milestones are achieved.
- Provides performance feedback to team members' supervisors as appropriate.
- Manages, controls, and mitigates risks across multiple, interdependent projects by analyzing and identifying trigger events; establishing contingency plans; anticipating and managing dependencies affected by ongoing changes across projects; recommending ways to mitigate future risks and influencing leadership to take action on these recommendations.
- Ensures the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships with internal customers, third party vendors, and business leadership.
- Works closely with program sponsors and/or review boards to help determine program goals, influence the prioritization of deliverables, and facilitate decisions necessary for program delivery.
- Takes a leadership role to identify, define and drive IT project and program management processes across the organization.
- Leads by example; establishes clear expectations; sets direction and priorities; ensures that work levels are balanced among all staff; resolves internal staff issues in a timely manner; keeps staff informed of all appropriate information; builds effective team; delegates at appropriate level.
- Facilitates the development of staff by providing opportunities and support; provides timely feedback on work product; regularly coaches, evaluates, and recognizes staff performance and accomplishments.
- Establishes/adheres to Department budget; seeks opportunities to improve Department efficiency and reduce expenses by streamlining operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job requires:
- a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Minimum seven years comparable experience leading multiple, large-scale, enterprise-wide IT project initiatives in a complex environment including three years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of project life cycle methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, process management, organizational change), in a software development or infrastructure environment, working with enterprise Project Portfolio Management tools and in a leadership capacity.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- Solid understanding of Program and Project Management, and Product Development and Ownership
- Strategic and forward thinking with the ability to create product roadmap
- High level thinker with the ability to think outside of the box and provide creative solutions
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills
- Budgeting experience
- Planning and organizational skills
- Experience in the Legal Industry
- Strong knowledge of IT Governance concepts (i.e. ITSM/ITIL, Six Sigma, LEAN)
- Strong knowledge of software development concepts (i.e. Agile, Scrum, Waterfall)
- Familiarity with legal industry (desired)
- Familiarity with software design and development concepts
- Familiarity with relational database concepts
- Familiarity with infrastructure concepts (server design, networking, messaging, security)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and professional publications, prepare business correspondence, proposals and reports, effectively present information to groups of employees, and respond to questions from employees, managers, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of variables where little standardization exists
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in:
- MS-Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional Reader
Recommended but not required:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Scrum Master (or SAFe), Lean Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt), and/or ITIL
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top