Practice Technology - Senior Analyst
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
With minimal supervision, this position supports practice technology requirements through application development, data processing and validation management, workflow analysis, and attorney training. This position also requires assessment of case team needs and the ability to offer solutions and options through technology often in conjunction with outside vendors.
The Senior Analyst must be able to evaluate data; prepare profiles; set up databases; interface with vendors and IT staff. This position asserts authority on the project level by making recommendations to the Senior Project Manager and case team, preparing precise documentation and following through on all assignments. The workload is less routine than that of an Analyst.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day practice technology needs of assigned office.
- Recommend appropriate applications and vendor processing needed to most effectively and efficiently meet the needs of the case.
- Conduct workflow analysis.
- Create databases and develop applications.
- Assess incoming data as to size and formatting and generate scope reports.
- Initiate pilot scenarios including sample/demo databases and testing/quality checking data.
- Validate data and manage systems utilizing SOP as required.
- Closely monitor project/case status and provide routine status reports, including task completion reports and data delivery schedules.
- Provide ongoing status to the case team.
- Delegate, as appropriate, work to Analysts.
- Oversee and coordinate with practice technology vendors.
- Train attorneys and staff on use of practice technology applications.
- Provide quality assurance as needed.
This job does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This job requires:
- a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university,
- and a minimum of four years of relevant experience, with one year of experience developing and managing practice technology applications and databases, preferably in a law firm or corporate law department setting
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- Customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Project planning management skills.
- Planning/organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet changing deadlines.
- Ability to assess cost/benefit of a course of action.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, brief correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present routine information in one-on-one or small group situations.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions and deal with problems in routine situations
- Ability to solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of variables where little standardization exists
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions
- Ability and willingness to see projects through to completion; to meet expectations for quality and deadlines; to be accountable to management and trial teams.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a basic knowledge of, or be proficient in, the following software:
- Practice Group: IPROView, Litigator's Notebook, LiveNote, SuperForm, Concordance, TimeMap, LiveNote, Summation Blaze, Sanction, eRoom
- Document Management: MS-Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), WorkSite, Adobe Reader, Acrobat Writer, Access
- Research Software: Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg, WestMate, Lawbase
- Communications: Outlook, AT&T Global Dialer, Citrix, Lotus Sametime, Blackberry, PcAnywhere, HyperTerminal, Internet Explorer, Webex, VPN
- Utilities: McAfee VirusScan, Flash Player, DT Search, Quick View Plus
- Accessories: Operating System applications such as Calculator, System Tools such as disk Cleanup
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and may occasionally be required to move about. The employee is also regularly required to use a computer, involving substantial movements of the wrists, hands and fingers. The employee is also required to regularly communicate with others.
- The employee may also occasionally be expected to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This job requires occasional travel.
- The job hours frequently require unscheduled overtime.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top