Patent Prosecution Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking a Patent Prosecution Specialist for the Intellectual Property Patent Support Unit.
Reporting to the Manager of Patent Support Services, the Patent Prosecution Specialist will reside in our San Francisco office and will be responsible for supporting activities related to patent prosecution. This position requires flexibility with overtime hours.
• Prepares and files documents with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office such as, New Patent Applications, IDS, Preliminary Amendments, and formalities
• Prepares client reporting letters and correspondence regarding formalities, Official Actions, Notices of Allowance, and Letters Patent
• Files documents with the World Intellectual Property Office International Bureau and foreign national patent offices in accordance with set guidelines and procedures
• Prepares and files documents related to international and foreign national patent applications
Experience & Qualifications:
• 3 -5 years of related experience
• A Bachelor's degree
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
• Strong attention to detail, and organizational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and the ability to participate in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top