Patent Docket Specialist
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading international law firms with almost 4000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking a Docket Specialist for the Intellectual Property Patent Support Unit. This position will reside in our Philadelphia, PA office, and will be responsible for maintaining a computerized docket system.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Docket Specialist in the Intellectual Property Practice Group - Patent Support Services maintains the Patent computerized docket system and is supervised by the Manager of the Patent Support Services, but will have daily contact with, and will receive guidance from all of the attorneys and staff in the practice group for whom this individual provides support.
• Coordinates all areas of the CPI database including:
all information pertaining to each specific application and docket due dates, and remarks,
incoming domestic and foreign client related communications,
incoming Patent and Trademark Office communications filed in the Patent office.
• Processing delivery of incoming electronic communications pursuant to departmental procedures,
• Providing docket, status, and maintenance reports to patent personnel and attorneys as requested.
• a minimum of one year of docketing experience or equivalent knowledge of patent processes
• a high school diploma.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel),
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills,
• The ability to work well under pressure and participate in a team environment are required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
• Flexibility to work overtime preferred.
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting "Careers."
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top