Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms firm with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices, is seeking to hire a Patent Agent for the IP-Life Sciences Practice Group. This position may reside in any of our Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, New York, Chicago, Houston, Silicon Valley, Orange County, Century City, and San Francisco offices.
Morgan Lewis is a leading choice for businesses seeking protection of valuable Intellectual Property rights. The firm has more than 150 intellectual property professionals and technical specialists.
The Patent Agent is supervised by the local Intellectual Property Practice Group Leader, but will have daily contact with, and receive guidance from, all of the partners in the practice group for whom this individual provides support.
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications before the US Patent and Trademark Office
- Performing prior art searches and analysis
- Patentability analysis
- Engage in practice development activities to build and maintain client relationships
- Prepare substantive client correspondence
- Instruct local counsel for foreign filings and Office Actions
- Assist in patent clearance studies and other patent-related opinion projects
- Ability to apply advanced concepts in any life sciences field, with particular emphasis and/or expertise in molecular biology, cell biology, and/or biochemistry
- Study and analyze scientific or technical documents, including previously published patent documents, to assess patentability, novelty and inventiveness
- Draft new patent applications
- Convert prior provisional applications into utility applications
- Convert foreign filed applications into U.S. applications
- Convert U.S. applications into foreign applications
- An advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in a biological field, including for example Biochemistry or Molecular Biology, with excellent academic credentials
- At least one year of experience as a practicing patent agent in the field of life sciences
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Excellent writing and research abilities are a must, as well as proficiency in written and verbal communication, and strong organizational skills
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top