Paralegal - Labor and Employment
- Chicago, IL
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading international law firms with over 4000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking a Litigation Paralegal in our Chicago office. Reporting to the Paralegal Manager, the position will be responsible for providing paralegal support to the attorneys in the Labor and Employment Practice Group.
This role has general litigation responsibilities including:
- Track and communicate case related dates and information
- Assist with discovery requests and productions
- Assist with drafting, proofing, editing, and efiling court briefings
- Cite-checking and Bluebooking briefs, memorandum, white papers, etc.
- Create tables of authority and tables of contents for court briefings
- Assist witness preparation, direct examination, cross-examination binders
- Assemble and track deposition, hearing and trial exhibits
- In court trial support (locally and out of town), including war room set up, and technology usage, and all aspects of managing jury, non-jury trials and agency hearings
- Legal research skills desired
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-approved program
- A minimum of five (5) years of litigation paralegal experience
- The ability to handle the multiple responsibilities of case management and trial preparation in a fast-paced team environment; must be detail oriented
- Knowledge of Labor & Employment law
- Familiarity with MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, iManage, and ClientSites is required
- Understanding of litigation support systems including, Case Notebook, Relativity, Sanction, strongly desired
- Proofreading and editing skills strongly desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are important
- The flexibility to work overtime, as needed to meet deadlines and the ability to travel is desired
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top