New Business Analyst (Conflicts)
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices around the world is currently seeking a New Business Analyst in the Client and Matter Administration Department. The position is resident in the firm's Philadelphia office and reports into the New Business Manager. This position will focus efforts on assisting Partners, Associates, and support staff in identifying potential conflict issues and New Business related information.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Processes new client and matter reports associated with proposed new business.
- Performs conflict analysis on all proposed new client representations and facilitate proper communication and coordination of issues related to New Business Intake.
- Proactively communicates with Firm Attorneys and support staff in each office to understand conflicts of interest issues and independently reviews, researches and resolves conflicts issues related to firm new business.
- Composes written and verbal correspondence with Attorneys and other support staff.
- Answers telephone and email inquiries for new business status requests.
- Proofreads and re-checks material to confirm accuracy.
- Performs research, locating material from various sources inside and outside the Firm.
- Enters ongoing status information and maintains on-line documentation in database.
- Ensures compliance with ethics related to firm policies and procedures.
- Works as a team member with the other analysts in the New Business department.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university
- Law firm experience preferred
- At least two years of research based experience required, with conflicts related experience a plus, including identifying and clearing conflicts
- Knowledge and proficiency with legal technology systems strongly preferred, with an emphasis on conflicts searching, corporate research, new business intake, risk management and document management software
- Creative and analytical thinking
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong client service
- Word processing and administrative skills
- Strong presentation and leadership skills, including the ability to effectively set goals and manage expectations on an individual and a team level
- Excellent project management and research skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to interact effectively with all organizational levels and a diverse group
- Ability to concentrate clearly on highly detailed information, to identify conflicts of interest questions and resolve them in a consensus environment and to keep confidential information regarding Firm New Business matters
Typical working hours will be 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM/ 35 hours weekly. Flexibility with overtime is also required.
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting "Careers".
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top