ML Force Attorneys - Litigation Legal Brief Writing
ML Force provides hourly paid, project-based resources to support the practice groups and clients of Morgan Lewis.
As a ML Force Attorney you will have the support of a strong Morgan Lewis foundation and retain flexibility over your schedule.
ML Force Attorney assignments vary in scope and duration. Assignments may be for a specific project, a specific period of time, or open-ended projects, depending on Firm and client needs.
- Conducts legal research
- Prepares drafts of correspondence, motions and memoranda
- Reviews documents
- Collects factual data
- Completes discrete research assignments at the request of partners
- Researches applicable statutes and regulations
- Drafts of certain transaction documents
- Manages and conducts due diligence and investigations
- Handles negotiations with opposing counsel
- Performs a variety of tasks under the direct supervision of a partner or more senior associate; seeks to understand, and becomes engaged in, each project and its related elements as fully as possible
- Communicates to supervisors fully, and in a timely manner, the status of task completion and new developments that may impact the project or case
- Applies the basic skills of legal research, writing and analysis with efficiency and high quality
- Accepts responsibility for successful and timely completion of assigned tasks
- Completes their work accurately and professionally
- Meets expected levels of industry and commitment to the Firm
- Demonstrates teamwork in their work and relationships with partners, associates and staff; earns the respect of lawyers and staff with whom they work
- Becomes proficient in the basic technology systems used by the Firm
- Exhibits strategic thinking and initiative with respect to case and project management
- Demonstrates initiative and shoulders responsibility and accountability for the day-to-day aspects of a transaction, matter, or litigation; works productively and effectively with legal and administrative personnel across offices and PGs and as part of client service teams
- Demonstrates confidence and expertise in client counseling and communication
- Exhibits strong client interaction and case, transaction and/or project management skills so as to become comfortable and highly competent in counseling clients in a wide range of substantive areas, demonstrating strong strategic and problem-solving skills
- Supervises paralegals and other non-lawyer legal personnel and, when appropriate, more junior associates in their daily activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- The incumbent of this job may directly supervise one or more non-supervisory employees. He/she carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, evaluating, and directing the work of others.
This job requires:
- a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) and Juris Doctorate (J.D.),
- minimum 1-3 years of legal experience in a law firm or other comparable legal environment,
or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- Written communications skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Supervisory skills
- Strong analytical ability
- People management skills
- Leadership skills
- Strategic thinking
- Project management skills
- Planning/organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and professional publications, prepare business correspondence, proposals and reports, and effectively present the information.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions.
- Basic arithmetic skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide all units of measure.
- Must be able to compose reports, business correspondence and legal documents in appropriate formats.
- Must be able to present information effectively and respond to questions or challenges both in writing and in person.
- Ability to reason and use logical thinking patterns to define problems, collect data, establish facts and patterns and draw logical conclusions based on civil law considerations and legal principles.
- Ability to relate clearly to relevant issues to individuals and groups of various backgrounds and engage in the meaningful exchange of ideas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the following software
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- Lexis/Nexis; Westlaw; other research applications
Required: Admittance to Bar in local jurisdiction in good standing.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and may occasionally be required to move about. The employee is also regularly required to use a computer, involving substantial movements of the wrists, hands and fingers. The employee is also required to regularly communicate with others.
- The employee may also occasionally be expected to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This job requires travel.
This job may require late or weekend hours.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top