Legal Practice Assistant - Private Client
- Philadelphia, PA
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices, is seeking a Legal Practice Assistant in our Private Client Practice Group, reporting to the Senior Director of Legal Practice Support. Part of the firm's ML LawPath program™, this position will reside in the Philadelphia office and will be responsible for providing a broad range of administrative and substantive legal support to the Private Client Practice Group in an environment where superior client service is emphasized. This position is designed to provide the experience, connections and continuous learning to fast track your career, with an opportunity to develop client relationships, routinely engage with Practice Group attorneys and legal professionals, and gain significant analytical and project management skills.
Key responsibilities of this position:
- Establishes, organizes and maintains case and client files.
- Manages case and client information manually and digitally via electronic databases.
- Supports the development and management of case and practice group timelines.
- Researches basic tax and real estate matters.
- Assists attorneys with the preparation and review of various estate planning documents and beneficiary designation forms.
- Provides draft documents to attorneys and clients.
- Provides administrative support, including, but not limited to, document production, conflicts checks for new matters, business intake materials, and expense forms/paperwork.
- Interfaces with clients and may serve as a point of contact for clients.
- Drafts and assists in the preparation of probate documents.
- Obtains employer identification numbers from the IRS.
- Coordinates the payment of tax payments to the IRS and other taxing authorities.
- Coordinates and participates in day-to-day client management.
- Participates in supervised client communications to exchange information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required;
- One (1) year of internship or professional experience preferred; professional services industry experience a plus.
- Independent, self-starting, and self-motivated.
- Superior written/verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team environment are a must.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Proven ability to meet stringent deadlines, adapt to changing priorities, and balance multiple tasks while operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to travel and work evening hours at times as needed.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top