IP Administrative Assistant
- Chicago, IL
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading international law firms is currently seeking an IP Administrative Assistant who will be resident in our Chicago office. The qualified candidate will provide administrative support to the Intellectual Property Practice Group in an environment where superior client service is emphasized and practiced.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and patent prosecution (US and Foreign) support to partners, associates and paralegals.
- Prepare reporting communications to clients.
- Navigate websites from foreign countries, including European Patent Office (EPO), and World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO).
- Utilize CPI (patent docketing software).
- Respond to inquiries from staff, and legal professionals.
- Maintain filing system including paper, electronic and chronological files.
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking matters that require future attention.
- Perform redlining using Workshare Comparisons and Track Changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consistently provide an exemplary level of client service to both internal and external clients.
- Must possess a high school diploma and a minimum of two (2) years of experience, preferably in law firms or other legal environment.
- Intellectual Property experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Worksite or similar document management system.
- Familiarity with USPTO Website.
- A self-starter attitude with solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to understand and meet crucial deadlines and manage confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team are necessary.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top