Investment Management Paralegal
- Philadelphia, PA
SEARCH FIRMS: Morgan Lewis does not accept resumes or referrals from search firms for most staff positions. If you are a search firm, employment agency, or representative of either, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate to a position not approved for agency recruiters and/or for an inquiry submitted to anyone other than the recruiting contacts as listed on our main website.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading international law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices, is seeking an entry level Paralegal in the Investment Management Practice Group. Although currently remote, this position will reside in the Philadelphia office and will report to the Director - Investment Company Services. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with attorneys, clients, accountants and other team members to prepare Securities and Exchange Commission filings, correspondence and Board meeting materials, in compliance with federal securities regulations.
- Performs a variety of basic and increasingly complex paralegal assignments under the supervision of attorneys and with the guidance of supervisory or experienced paralegals.
- Prepares project timelines and serves as the "gate keeper" for ongoing projects, monitoring progress to ensure that attorneys and clients have resolved all outstanding issues and all deadlines are met.
- Assists attorneys in the preparation and distribution of various questionnaires, charts and disclosure documents, and interacts with clients and service providers to obtain required information.
- Coordinates, oversees and facilitates the filing process, including the electronic filing of documents with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Prepares agendas and resolutions for mutual fund board meetings and initial drafts of minutes of those meetings.
- Composes first drafts of memoranda and other communications for clients and attorneys; proofreads various documents.
- Organizes and maintains records in easily understood and accessible manner; prepares and maintains project compliance calendars, charts and databases.
- Performs research, as needed.
- Demonstrates good judgment, common sense, and ingenuity to apply knowledge, assess alternatives, and identify and recommend solutions.
- Over time, acquires and increases knowledge of federal securities laws, legal concepts and terminology, and demonstrates the ability to apply such knowledge to daily tasks to contribute to work products in a thoughtful and effective manner.
- Applies solid computer skills and becomes proficient with practice-specific technologies.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to think critically and see "big picture" effects.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities to meet moving and demanding deadlines.
- Ability to follow up and follow through on tasks and project deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to be proactive and a self-starter to serve as a "go to" person for both internal and external needs.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of client and firm affairs.
- Ability to work overtime.
To perform the job successfully, individual must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Technical skills
- Supervisory skills
- Strategic thinking
- Research skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Planning/organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and professional publications, prepare business correspondence, proposals and reports, effectively present information to groups of employees, and respond to questions from employees, managers, clients and vendors.
- Advanced arithmetic skills (compute rate, ratio, percent; able to draw and interpret graphs and charts).
- Ability to solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of variables where little standardization exists.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the following software:
- Accounting Software: Carpe Diem
- Practice Group: IPROView, Concordance, LiveNote, eRoom, TeamSite
- Document Management: MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), WorkSite, Legal MacPac, Adobe Acrobat
- Research Software: Lexis-Nexis, WestLaw, Courtlink
- Communications: Outlook, Citrix, Office Communicator
- Ability to analyze complex legal documents or financial reports, respond effectively to sensitive client inquiries, and efficiently present information to attorneys and clients.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Advanced arithmetic skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to type, handle or feel, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and occasionally required reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top