Industry Strategy Specialist
- Washington, DC
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices, is seeking to hire a highly motivated Industry Strategy Specialist for our Strategy & Development team, residing in our Washington DC, New York, or Philadelphia office. Reporting to the Director of Strategy & Development and in collaboration with Industry Leaders, the Specialist will be responsible for leading the firm in pursuing growth opportunities within a number of key industries. This is an exciting opportunity to be directly involved in the strategic direction and planning for an AmLaw Top 10 firm, and be a key member of a market-leading industry team structure. The Specialist is responsible for identifying and analyzing opportunities to improve the firm's market share, brand awareness, competitive position and benchmarking and thought leadership across key industries that support firm priorities and ultimately drive revenue growth.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and maintain, with input from Industry Leaders, a comprehensive strategic plan to drive industry specific growth opportunities in line with firm priorities for several industry teams, which could include Financial Services, Energy, Automotive & Mobility and/or Sports.
- Maintain and analyze internal (e.g., clients, capabilities, services, profitability) and external data (e.g., political, economic, regulatory, technological) within assigned industries.
- Prepare quarterly reports with Industry Leaders for firm management on key metrics, strategic priorities, and industry trends and developments.
- Prepare annual partner meeting industry sessions with Industry Leaders.
- Work with other Specialists and wider Strategy & Development team on a regular basis to ensure consistency and collaboration across all industry efforts and alignment with firm priorities.
- Work with various functional teams, such as Marketing & Communications, Business Development and Business Intelligence.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university (MBA is highly desired).
- Experience in Banking, Insurance, Investment Funds, Energy, Automotive & Mobility, and/or Sports industries.
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, strategy development or business development (within responsible industry preferred - prior law firm experience is helpful but not required).
- Prior experience creating and presenting strategic plans to senior management.
- Orientation for detail and excellent project management skills.
- Very strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Ability to work across time zones with global team at all levels.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit, yet highly collaborative in working with colleagues across departments, offices and skill levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with senior leadership and partners.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top