Industrial Designer / Product Designer
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Industrial Designer will work with practice group design and development team members and clients to facilitate all stages of the legal solutions design process: from concept development to prototyping, wireframing to final product. This position will bring skills in visualization and design methodologies to inform the development and delivery of application, software and other solutions and products, which will help internal teams address client needs. This position will work closely with practice group leadership, practicing attorneys and business professionals, application developers, project managers, and analysts within eData, to deliver exceptional virtual and physical client solutions, from web and OS applications, to websites, to brick and mortar based legal products.
- Work in collaboration with eData practice group leaders, attorneys, clients, application developers, and other project team members to facilitate the creation of new legal solutions and products that align with firm business and practice development goals and best practices.
- Utilize various design disciplines to include user research, information architecture, prototyping, interaction design, and visual design, to transform complicated design challenges into simple and user-centered solutions.
- Work independently, as the industrial design point of contact, and translate end-user requirements into concepts and deliverables across design phases.
- Collaborate with the eData team on the development and implementation of designs, reviewing implemented code for design fidelity; work with application developers and internal project team to ensure design implementation behaves as intended.
- Incorporate insights from eData project managers, end-user feedback, and application metrics to improve upon design solutions.
- Carry out a highly iterative design process, with the ability to deliver rapid prototyping, and adapt the process as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
This job requires:
A Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university,
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years designing visually engaging data and task-driven web applications, or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- Strong understanding of software design, visual design, and UI design principles for multiple platforms, products and solutions.
- Experience with professional design tools and techniques, such as Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, Balsamiq, hand-coding, and technical drawing.
- Experience working in an agile, collaborative environment with issue tracking, wiki tools, design programs, and other systems that enable technology based legal products and solutions.
- Strong knowledge of web accessibility and usability best practices
- Strong communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Working proficiency with modern HTML and CSS, with an understanding of how design decisions impact development
- Written communication skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking
- Project management skills
- Planning/organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents, instructions and manuals, write routine business correspondence, and speak effectively with employees, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions, involving several variables, in routine situations
- Ability to solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of variables where little standardization exists
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the following software:
- Microsoft Office Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio, Project Professional
- Adobe XD
- Axure (preferred)
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top