- San Francisco, CA
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading international law firms with over 4000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking an Immigration Paralegal resident in our San Francisco office. Reporting to the Immigration Program Manager, the position will be responsible for providing paralegal support to the attorneys in the Immigration Group.
- Work directly with attorneys and Regional Paralegal Manager to manage caseload from intake through processing and filing.
- Prepare and file nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications for permanent residency and secondary benefits for foreign nationals.
- Organize and prepare petition packets for review and filing.
- Communicate with employees and human resources professionals to gather needed information and documents required for the preparation of petitions and applications.
- Ensure that clients are kept apprised of the progress of their cases.
- Enter and maintain data in immigration case management system.
- Maintain hard copy files and documents as required to support all immigration activity on behalf of clients.
- Assist in responding to immigration inquiries in a timely manner.
- Enter time into Carpe Diem and adhere to submission deadlines.
- Apply basic understanding of legal and ethical principles that guide paralegal conduct, including, but not limited to: the unauthorized practice of law; confidentiality and attorney-client privilege; conflicts of interest.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Paralegal certificate obtained through a paralegal studies program approved by the ABA or from an accredited college or university, preferred. Positions in California require one of the following per California legislation (AB 1761):
- A certificate of completion from a paralegal program approved by the ABA.
- One full year of law related work experience under the supervision of a licensed attorney who has been a member of the State Bar of California for at least the three preceding years and who has signed a written declaration that the candidate is qualified to perform paralegal task.
- A certificate of completion from a paralegal program at, or a degree from, a postsecondary institution that requires the successful completion of a minimum of 24 semester, or equivalent, units in law-related courses.
- Immigration experience including both immigrant and non-immigrant visa petitions is required.
- Solid written and verbal communication including client service skills.
- Attention to detail and organizations skills.
- A self-starter and ability to work within a team is a must.
- Software skills including MS-Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), WorkSite, Adobe Reader, Legal MacPac
- LawLogix and other Immigration database tools; CarpeDiem
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top