Immigration Case Assistant
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking a Case Assistant (Japanese Bilingual) to support the Immigration Practice Group (Global Team) reporting to the Senior Immigration Case Manager. This position will reside in the San Francisco office and will be responsible for providing day-to-day administrative and organizational support for the assigning Immigration Case Manager. This position requires flexibility to work overtime as needed.
• Corresponds and coordinates with Japanese clients and prospective clients
• Supports attorneys in serving and communicating with Japanese speaking clients (including such clients based both in the U.S. and in Japan)
• Works with the paralegals to understand the content of a matter and track progression through to completion
• Conducts research using the internet and internal databases
• Retrieves documents from electronic databases and other sources required for applications
• Maintains, organizes and indexes case files
• Maintains online immigration case database
• Scans documents and prepares applications for submission and thereafter storage
• Quality checks case documents
• Assists paralegals and immigration case managers with preparation of legal documents in support of applications, including completion of application forms
• At least one year of work experience with previous experience in law firm or other professional services environment strongly preferred, but not required
• An Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school is also preferred
• Japanese language and effective communication skills (written and verbal) required
• Transactional paralegal experience and/or paralegal certification preferred but not required
• Experience working or living in Japan or working at or with Japanese clients/companies is preferred
• Strong interest or background in working at an international law firm with presence in Japan
• Previous experience in immigration is a plus
• Excellent PC skills including proficiency in Excel, Outlook and Word
• Highly developed organizational and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a team environment
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top