Filing and Docket Clerk ( eFiling )
- Chicago, IL
Morgan Lewis is currently seeking a Filing and Docket Clerk to support our litigation practices throughout the firm. This position will be resident in our Chicago office (currently working remotely). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing documents for filing with various courts, eFiling, maintaining the Firm's ProLaw docket system and preparing the master calendar of due dates for distribution to attorneys and legal staff; obtaining filing information from court clerks/online dockets.
- The qualified candidate must possess at a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent, with a preference for a bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated experience in federal and state court eFiling ( e-filing )procedures is required.
- Relevant litigation calendaring/docketing experience is strongly preferred. Experience working in a large law firm is also highly desired.
- Knowledge of the Federal Rules of Court Procedures and local rules of court for the various counties (knowledge of the local rules of court for other states highly desired).
- The qualified candidate will have an understanding of the court docketing and calendaring procedures and familiarity with court filings and general rules of court for processing pleadings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ProLaw or comparable docketing software is required. We are seeking someone with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to work well under pressure, and a team approach to work.
- Flexibility to work overtime is also required.
- Availability to work remotely during the interim.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top