- Philadelphia, PA
SEARCH FIRMS: Morgan Lewis does not accept resumes or referrals from search firms for most staff positions. If you are a search firm, employment agency, or representative of either, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate to a position not approved for agency recruiters and/or for an inquiry submitted to anyone other than the recruiting contacts as listed on our main website.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms firm with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking an Estate Accountant for the Private Client Group, while currently remote this position will reside in the Philadelphia office. The Estate Accountant will be responsible for performing a variety of fiduciary accounting tasks, including estate and tax planning projections and estate and trust administration.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms firm with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking an Estate Accountant for the Private Client Group. While currently remote, this position will reside in the Philadelphia office. The Estate Accountant will be responsible for performing a variety of fiduciary accounting tasks, including estate and tax planning projections and estate and trust administration.
• Responsible for the preparation and review of all types of fiduciary income tax returns, including federal estate tax returns, income tax returns for trusts and estates, Generation-Skipping Transfer tax forms, PA inheritance tax returns, gift tax returns, Form 990s, and tax returns for charitable trusts.
• Assist in the response of IRS audits including the written draft response and coordination of exhibits.
• Responsible for maintaining group task management database, File-in-Time, to accurately track deadlines of tax returns, annuity payments, Form 709s and ETIPs.
• Provide support to lawyers as part of client team. This includes running calculations for interest on notes, tax projections and estate plans; analytical analysis, tax projections, and estate planning flow charts.
• Work closely with clients regarding accounting and tax issues pertaining to individuals, partnerships and corporations.
• Research relevant tax laws related to tax preparation.
• A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, and a minimum 3 years of experience, or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency in Lackner; Lacerte; Number Cruncher; Tiger Tables and FDS security pricing or similar trust accounting and tax systems.
• Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact with High Net Worth clients; team player; ability to manage fast-paced, high volume workload.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top