Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms firm with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking an Estate Accountant for the Private Client Group, residing in the Philadelphia office. The Estate Accountant will be responsible for performing a variety of fiduciary accounting tasks, including estate and tax planning projections and estate and trust administration.
• Responsible for the preparation and review of all types of tax returns including estate income, inheritance, fiduciary and gift tax for individuals, estates, trusts, partnerships, C Corporations, S corporations, Foundations, Charitable Lead Trust, and CRUT's. Provide advice on issues as needed.
• Assist in the response of IRS audits including the written draft response and coordination of exhibits.
• Responsible for maintaining department task management database, File-in-Time, to accurately track deadlines of tax returns, annuity payments and 709 close of ETIP.
• Prepare Estate Death and State Inheritance Tax returns.
• Provide support to lawyers for calculations regarding interest on notes, tax projections and estate plans.
• Work with clients regarding accounting and tax issues as individuals, partnerships, corporations.
• Prepare interest calculations of notes, analytical analysis, tax projections, and estate planning flow charts.
• Research and investigation of relevant tax laws related to tax preparation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, and a minimum 3 years of experience, or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency in Lackner; Lacerte; Number Cruncher; Tiger Tables and FDS security pricing or similar trust accounting and tax systems
• Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top