Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking a Patent Prosecution Specialist for the Intellectual Property Patent Support Unit.
Reporting to the Manager of Patent Support Services, the Patent Prosecution Specialist will reside in our San Francisco office and will be responsible for supporting activities related to patent prosecution.
Morgan Lewis is currently seeking a Docket Clerk for the Patent Support (PatSu) Services Department of the Intellectual Property Practice Group, resident in the San Francisco office.
• Reporting to the Docket Supervisor, the primary responsibilities will include:
• Review and extract information from foreign and domestic incoming client related communications for entry into our docketing database.
• Review Patent and Trademark Office communications.
• Adapt to specific docketing procedures established for each of our clients.
• Monitor the Patent and Trademark Office daily dockets.
• Other administrative responsibilities and additional projects as assigned.
• Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, post high school education and experience with CPI is preferred, but not required.
• A minimum of one (1) year of related docketing experience.
• Strong proofreading skills.
• An organized approach to work assignments
• Self-starter with a professional demeanor and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Candidates must possess a team-oriented attitude
• Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with flexibility to work overtime is required.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top