Directories and Recognitions Coordinator
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking a Directories and Recognitions Coordinator. The primary responsibility of this position is to administer the firm's recognitions efforts through writing and editing submissions, maintaining rankings and recognitions data, helping research awards opportunities, and reporting on recognitions results.
Reporting to the Manager, Directories and Recognitions, the Coordinator will help advance the firm's participation in global and national directories and will assist with bringing recognition to the firm through global, national, regional and local awards and honors. Candidates must possess strong writing skills, be self-motivated and detail-oriented, committed to excellence in the workplace, and have outstanding organizational skills. This position requires a high energy level and flexibility with occasional overtime hours.
- Drafts and edits award nominations on deadline, maintaining high writing standards with a journalistic tone, and paying close attention to submission guidelines.
- Researches and evaluates new award opportunities.
- Creates timelines, manages deadline calendar, and provides reports on the status of submissions.
- Analyzes and reports results.
- Assists with maintaining templates and process documents for the firm's recognitions efforts.
- Assists the Marketing and Communications team on award nominations and practice-specific submissions.
- Collaborates with various firm departments to gather information needed for survey responses including Human Resources, Finance, Recruiting, and Diversity departments.
- Compiles peer analysis and historical award lists as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related discipline
- A minimum of two to three years of relevant experience, preferably in professional, consulting, and/or legal services fields or journalism
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Outstanding editing and writing skills, exceptional attention to detail, strong project management skills, the ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands, and the flexibility to manage demands outside of traditional business hours.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and professional publications, prepare business correspondence, proposals and reports, effectively present information to groups of employees, and respond to questions from employees, managers, clients and vendors.
- Advanced arithmetic skills (compute rate, ratio, percent; able to draw and interpret graphs and charts).
- Ability to solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of variables where little standardization exists.
- Ability to work independently and to coordinate directly with team members inside and outside the department, including with all levels of the firm and external organizations involved in the directory/survey processes.
- Strong understanding of the legal media and directories environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and approach to internal client service.
- Prior law firm experience is a plus
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting "Careers".
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top