Design Patent Specialist
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and
staff in 31 offices, is seeking a Design Patent Specialist, resident in the Philadelphia office. The Design
Patent Specialist will provide support for the preparation, filing, and prosecution of design patent
applications in US and non-US jurisdictions and will have daily contact with and receive guidance from all
of the attorneys and patent agents in the practice group for whom this individual provides assistance.
With more than 200 lawyers and other professionals, Morgan Lewis has one of the largest Intellectual
Property practices of any full-service law firm in the world. We provide a range of Intellectual Property
services, including patent preparation and prosecution; trademark and copyright counseling and
portfolio management; post-grant and other administrative proceedings before the US Patent and
Trademark Office (USPTO); licensing, technology transfer and other transactions; and addressing
Intellectual Properties issues in corporate transactions.
Learn more about our IP Practice:
- Assist attorneys and patent agents with the preparation of design patent applications and responding to patent office communications in US and non-US jurisdictions.
- Assist attorneys and patent agents in developing design patent preparation and filing strategy.
- Participate in and lead client communications.
- Coordinate preparation of formal design patent illustrations with drafting personnel.
- Conduct review of draft illustrations for accuracy and consistency with developed strategy.
- Coordinate and conduct prior art searches.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Computer Aided Drafting & Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Arts, Fine Arts, Engineering or a related field from a four-year college or university preferred.
- 1+ years of design, patent illustration, design patent or CAD experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills including experience with CAD and 3D modelling programs and knowledge of general drafting practice including perspective and orthographic view construction.
- Excellent writing and research abilities, as well as proficiency in written and verbal communication, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Prior design patent experience preferred but not required.
Professional Staff under "Careers."
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for
employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top