Case Assistant- Corporate and Business Transactions (Japanese Bilingual)
- San Francisco, CA
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking a Case Assistant (Japanese Bilingual) for the Corporate and Business Transactions group reporting to the Paralegal Manager. In addition to excellent English language skills, candidates must have excellent Japanese language skills (both written and verbal) and preferably at least one year of legal or business experience. This position will reside in the San Francisco office and will be responsible for providing assistance to lawyers in the preparation of a broad range of matters. This position requires flexibility to work overtime as needed.
• Supports lawyers in serving and communicating with Japanese speaking clients (including such clients based both in the U.S. and in Japan)
• Corresponds and coordinates with Japanese speaking clients and prospective clients
• Responds to Japanese speaking client needs in various practice areas (including corporate, labor/employment, intellectual property, litigation and others)
• Assists lawyers with business development, marketing, and event coordination, as well as general client development support and assistance and production of presentation materials
• Assists lawyers with draft formation, corporate documents and corporate record keeping
• Prepares board minutes and stockholder resolutions for lawyer review
• Assists with stock option plan implementation and administration
• Handles venture capital financing documentation, coordination and closings
• Maintains minute books, corporate records, filings, registrations and stock ledgers
• Files Form D and "Blue Sky", as well as other state and federal filings
• Coordinates due diligence document collection, organization, production and/or review
• Drafts miscellaneous transaction documents for lawyers
• Coordinates closing mechanics for equity financings as well as merger and acquisition transactions, especially cross-border transactions involving Japan and/or Japanese speaking clients
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• Japanese language and effective communication skills (written and verbal) required
• Law firm and/or transactional case assistant experience preferred but not required
• Strong interest or background in working at an international law firm with presence in Japan
• The ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced and highly-collaborative team environment
• Proficiency with MS Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel, is required
• Experience with CapMX, Carta or eShares desired
• Working knowledge of filing agencies, Blue Sky and state/federal filing requirements strongly desired
• Highly organized and service-oriented, with strong attention to detail and client service
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting "Careers."
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top