Administrative Practice Assistant - Floater 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices, is seeking an Administrative Practice Assistant reporting to the Administrative Support Manager. This position will reside in the Silicon Valley office and will be responsible providing a broad range of administrative support to our various Practice Groups in an environment where superior client service is emphasized and practiced.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
This is a floating position that will provide administrative support to various Practice Groups as needed.
- Document management, including revising, formatting, filing, and drafting simple correspondence.
- Handles EFS-Web filings (eFilings).
- Maintaining case and client files.
- Processing new business intake and related forms.
- Time entry, answering phones and taking messages, scheduling appointments and coordinating meetings.
- Processing expense reports, check requests, scanning, copying, coordinating incoming/outgoing mail, faxes and emails, word processing, arranging travel and preparing travel itineraries.
- Provide legal research, case support and project assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Availability to work a schedule of 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or relevant experience.
- One (1) year of internship or professional experience preferred; professional services industry experience a plus.
- An interest in patent prosecution a plus especially knowledge of EFS-Web filings (eFilings) with the USPTO.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, and the ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work overtime is required.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top