Administrative Practice Assistant
- Santa Ana, CA
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices, is seeking an Administrative Practice Assistant reporting to the Administrative Support Manager. This position will reside in the Orange County office and will be responsible for providing a broad range of administrative support to our various Practice Groups in an environment where superior client service is emphasized and practiced.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
This is a floating position that will provide administrative support to various Practice Groups as needed.
- Document management, including revising, formatting, filing, and drafting simple correspondence.
- Handles EFS-Web filings (eFilings).
- Maintaining case and client files.
- Processing new business intake and related forms.
- Time entry, answering phones and taking messages, scheduling appointments and coordinating meetings.
- Processing expense reports, check requests, scanning, copying, coordinating incoming/outgoing mail, faxes and emails, word processing, arranging travel and preparing travel itineraries.
- Provide case support and project assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Availability to work a schedule of 1:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or relevant experience.
- One (1) year of internship or professional experience preferred; professional services industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, and the ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work overtime is required.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- Written communication skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents, instructions and manuals,
write routine business correspondence, and speak effectively with employees, clients
- Basic arithmetic skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide all units of measure)
- Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions and deal with problems in routine situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a basic knowledge of / be proficient in the following software:
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Nuance Scansoft PDF Converter
- Chrome River
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and may occasionally be required to move about. The employee is also regularly required to use a computer, involving substantial movements of the wrists, hands and fingers. The employee is also required to regularly communicate with others.
- The employee may also occasionally be expected to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - email@example.com
Back to top