Administrative Practice Assistant
- Los Angeles, CA
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices, has several openings for Administrative Practice Assistants, reporting to the Administrative Support Manager. This position will reside in our Los Angeles office and will be responsible for providing a broad range of administrative support to our firm's Labor and Employment Practice Groups in an environment where superior client service is emphasized and practiced.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintaining case and client files.
- Processing new business intake and related forms.
- Maintains the calendar of court hearings, filing deadlines, meetings and business trips for assignments. Apprises assigned lawyers of their schedules in advance of their commitments.
- Time entry, answering phones and taking messages, scheduling appointments and coordinating meetings; arranging audio and video conferences.
- Processing expense reports, check requests, scanning, copying, word processing, and coordinating incoming/outgoing mail, faxes and emails.
- Arranging travel and preparing travel itineraries.
- Providing case support and project assistance.
- Developing and maintaining a system/process for tracking matters that require future attention.
- Formatting and assembling legal documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or relevant experience.
- At least 1 year of litigation experience is required.
- Experience with supporting a Litigation practice is required.
- Experience and knowledge of state and federal court litigation documentation and filing procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys performing wide variety of duties.
- Flexibility to work overtime is required.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions - 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top