MoneyLion is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our New York City engineering team to help build the future of financial technology. You will be instrumental in the architecture and implementation of a robust, scalable backend system responsible for handling millions of dollars’ worth of financial transactions. You will design RESTful APIs, architect event-driven backend systems, and help drive software and technology decisions while having a direct impact on the community as we build and scale the world's most rewarding program for financial wellness.
MoneyLion is America's most powerful financial membership, which empowers people to take control of their finances. Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than five million members and has earned its customers' trust with new mobile online banking and managed investment services that offer a one-of-a-kind cashback rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds. From a single mobile app, users can get a 360-degree snapshot of their financial lives and have access to personalized tips and tools to build and improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
MoneyLion's success relies on finding ways to make its members' money work as hard as they do. MoneyLion is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Salt Lake City and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
What You Will Do At MoneyLion
- Support members of the team in delivering groundbreaking backend services that bring the joy of financial wellness to millions of users
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers to create new features related to financing and payments
- Architect and implement event-driven backend systems that provide support for our core underwriting business
- Build well-documented and scalable RESTful APIs
- Posses a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech
- Mentor other specialists
- Challenge yourself to keep growing as a senior developer.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the company
- Find ways to spread learning across the organization (gives internal talks, write on internal blogs, etc).
- Serve as the go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise
Who You Are
- You have a deep understanding of Java and the Spring ecosystem or Golang
- You are proficient with MongoDB, Kafka, and Postgres
- Some experience in or exposure to web frontend technologies such as React, AngularJS, or VueJS
- You are skilled with Kubernetes and AWS
- You adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. This includes working independently and on a team
- You love mentoring other engineers
- Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive
- You seek simple approaches to complex solutions
- You write simple, elegant, well-structured and well tested code that drives new features and improvements
- You may have some domain knowledge related to Fintech
What We Offer
- We are a high-growth FinTech company solving real-world problems for many Americans
- Hackathons for all employees
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events, and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work from home days
- You'll work with other strong engineers who enjoy collaborating
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance