Do you want to help advance scientific discovery, improving quality of life around the world? We do, too.
Molecular Devices has the opportunity to be the innovation partner that empowers scientists to fast-track research breakthroughs, leading to earlier diagnoses and safer drug treatments. We're a leading life science solutions provider of high-performance bioanalytical measurement systems, software, and consumables. With Molecular Devices, you'll grow your career with best-in-class teams in a culture of collaboration.
Molecular Devices is one of 10 Life Sciences companies of Danaher. Together, we accelerate the discovery, development and delivery of solutions that safeguard and improve human health.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager (m/f/d) who will be responsible for managing a specific sales territory (Germany North East).
What we'll get you doing:
- To identify, qualify, develop, support and close sales of the Molecular Devices system portfolio (Bioresearch = Plate readers, liquid handling products, microarray scanners, and associated software and reagents) to achieve monthly and annual Quota in designated territory.
- Prepare and present first line product demonstrations and training to existing and potential customers.
- Develop, update, expand, and maintain to a high degree of accuracy and integrity, the prospect database (SFDC) and existing customer list and monitor sales growth.
- Close liaison with the rest of the team to ensure seamless customer support from initial interest to post-sales support to achieve optimal customer satisfaction.
- Provide monthly revenue and product forecasting, quarterly plans of action, status, and expense reports.
- Monitor competitor's activities, products, and potential new or improved applications or product extensions and the market evolution.
- Participate in weekly funnel reviews and marketing reviews when requested. As well as providing all reports when requested by manager within set timescales/deadlines and develop and maintain accurate Territory Plan.
The essential requirements of the role include:
- Minimum BSc degree, preferably in life science technology with a (molecular) biology background or equivalent.
- At least 1 year sales experience in direct sales of capital equipment to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic and government research laboratory customers.
- A high level of written and spoken English & German language
- Demonstrated interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence, self-starters.
At Molecular Devices we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Molecular Devices can provide.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.