YARN TRANSPORTER - WEAVING - ROANOKE, AL
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Select and distribute yarn, gather empty tubes, skinners, and return yarn and carry to storage area.
Responsible for loading packages in buggies and loading tube cylinders for one module each in Spinning.
- Go to storage area and select the correct yarn to be distributed.
- Push full buggy weighing 1,100 lbs. to weaving.
- Place 6 lbs. Package on loom pegs until buggy is empty.
- Gather empty tubes, skinners and return yarn and place in buggy.
- Place skinners and return yarn in designated area.
- Load packages into buggy for one frame.
- Load tube cylinder for one frame.
- Transport full buggies to storage area.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required by supervision.
- Obey all safety rules and regulations.
- Report all safety hazards, accidents, and/or injuries, no matter how slight to supervision.
- Work within a team environment.
- Must be able to perform daily autonomous maintenance activities.
- Attend monthly team meetings.
Back to top