WARP CHANGER-ROANOKE, AL
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Removes/replaces loom beams using tie-in equipment. Other duties as assigned by management.
- Check warp out paper for warp outs.
- Determine loom beam to be used.
- Remove empty beam from loom.
- Take empty beam to storage area.
- Grease/oil harness drives, bearings, and beam stand at each warp out.
- Remove oil pads from underneath tappet housing and loom, scrape grease, oil and clippings from underneath loom and tappet housing. Sweep floor, mop underneath loom, beam area and tappet housing. Put out wet floor sign and remove wet floor sign only after floor has dried.
- Transport loom beam from storage area to loom.
- Remove loom beam from inventory.
- Load new loom beam in loom.
- Rack and tie beams.
- Break down tie frame.
- Pull knots through drop wires, heddles and reed.
- Repair broken ends, remove loom safety pin, start loom and check
- Enter information in computer system.
- Performs reties, as needed.
- Assists personnel in drawing reeds.
- Change battery in warp truck once per shift.
- Empty mop bucket at end of each shift.
- Use beam gear hand truck to remove beam gear.
- Use required personal protective equipment for task at hand.
- Use safety pin to lock out loom when changing warps.
- Maintains clean and orderly work place.
- Reports any hazardous or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, overtime, and shifts as
- Must have good safety, work, and attendance record.
- Must be able to walk, stand, stoop, and bend for extended periods of
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top