UV Line Superintendent - Hard Wood Manufacturing- 1st Shift
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Responsible for entire UV line operation on all shifts.
- Responsible for achieving safety, quality and production goals.
- Prepares daily paperwork, including but not limited to daily production reports, attendance, safety, vacation and payroll forms.
- Cross trains employees in various positions to minimize staffing problems and maximize workflow.
- Trains new employees to ensure a safe and efficient production process.
- Studies processes and makes recommendations for production, equipment, quality and safety improvements.
- Interprets company policies/procedures and safety policies to workers and enforces safety regulations
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Performs machine and equipment set-ups as needed.
- Conducts himself/herself in manner so as to always set a good example.
- Orders and maintains appropriate inventory of all stains, labels, calipers, brooms, shovels, dust pans and boxes for the UV Line.
- Tracks and reports performance associated with quality, yields, production, and cabin rates.
- Interacts with outside vendors.
- Interacts with Strip Mill Superintendent to resolve issues with product quality.
- Responsible for schedule adherence including working with Scheduling Coordinator to insure that product is produced in a timely and most efficient manner.
- Interacts with Shipping Department in transfer of material.
- Works closely with Maintenance Managers to ensure safe and efficient operation of machinery, along with making improvements to machinery.
- Interacts with Accounting Department with reference to production and inventory, including a monthly inventory of stains, boxes, and inserts.
- Works closely with Human Resources regarding personnel issues and staffing needs.
- Works closely with Plant Manager to set goals, reduce costs and run more efficiently.
- Enters VOC data on emissions indicating number of gallons of stains, sealers, acetones that were used; sends report to Plant Engineer monthly.
- Performs other related duties as required.
College Degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED required.
5 years' supervisory experience in manufacturing environment required. Wood manufacturing experience preferred.
Strong written and verbal communication skills for communication with all levels in the organization.
Must have proficiency using Word, Excel and e-mail.
Proven management and people development skills.
Must be able to read and interpret documents.
Mechanical ability is preferred.
Problem solving, decision-making skills, analytical ability required.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top