TWISTER OPERATOR- CALHOUN-BCF
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Set up, operate and tend a large number of machines organized into a frame that twist yarn together.
- Performs any combination or all of the following duties:
- Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company guidelines and operating procedures, and pro-actively identifies unsafe working, building, and other environmental conditions to management and/or appropriate department for resolution.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Creel single or double ply yarn packages.
- Loads yarn into twister.
- Repositioning buggies of yarn at the twisters.
- Threading ends of single yarns and operating the spindle.
- Doffing twisted yarn packages, transferring packages from conveyor to a buggy/container.
- Monitor production output and machine equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Clean spindles to maintain machine efficiency to meet production requirements.
- Ensures compliance to all company and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines and practices to include wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment, using the appropriate tools and equipments, and exercising the required safety behaviors for the task at hand.
- Shift is 8hr (12pm-8am)
- High school graduate or GED equivalency preferred
- Reads and writes in Standard English and proficient in performing basic math calculations such as addition and subtraction.
- Successful completion of all required on the job training.
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training.
- Ability to communicate in standard English to understand and follow verbal or written instructions and to keep simple records and make reports.
- Ability to work well with people.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with company and department guidelines.
- Ability to perform specific duties with instructions but without direct supervision.
- Dexterity and high energy are invaluable in this position.
Back to top