TWISTER OPERATOR CABLE, BENNETTSVILLE,SC - OAK RIVER SOUTH
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Set up, operate and tend a large number of machines organized into a frame that twist yarn together.
- Performs any combination or all of the following duties:
- Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company guidelines and operating procedures, and proactively identifies unsafe working, building, and other environmental conditions to management and/or appropriate department for resolution.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Creel single or double ply yarn packages.
- Loads yarn into twister.
- Repositioning buggies of yarn at the twisters.
- Threading ends of single yarns and operating the spindle.
- Doffing twisted yarn packages, transferring packages from conveyor to a buggy/container.
- Monitor production output and machine equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Clean and dechoke spindles to maintain machine efficiency to meet production requirements.
- Ensures compliance to all company and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines and practices to include wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment, using the appropriate tools and equipments, and exercising the required safety behaviors for the task at hand.
- High school graduate or GED equivalency preferred
- Reads and writes in standard English and proficient in performing basic math calculations such as addition and subtraction.
- Successful completion of all required on the job training.
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training.
- Ability to communicate in standard English to understand and follow verbal or written instructions and to keep simple records and make reports.
- Ability to work well with people.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with company and department guidelines.
- Ability to perform specific duties with instructions but without direct supervision
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top