TUFTING MACHINE OPERATOR-WALL ST
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
- Operates a level loop, patterned loop, cut pile or enhanced graphics tufting machine.
Operates tufting machine (Ex. Threading and/or replacing needles, replace cutting blades, align cutting blade block, hook replacement).
- Repairs yarn breaks in creels and beams with splicer
- Conducts machine set up checks (production checklist, “deck board” and backing verification).
- Compares tufted carpet to gauge standard and side/center/side match.
- Performs quality inspection during production runs, mends voids in carpets as required.
- Changes backing as required.
- Doffs off carpet rolls as required.
- Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company guidelines and operating procedures, and pro-actively identifies unsafe working, building, and other environmental conditions to management and/or appropriate department for resolution.
- Ensures compliance to all company and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines and practices to include wearing the appropriate safety garments, using the appropriate tools and equipments, and exercising the required safety behaviors for the task at hand.
- Prior experience in operating tufting machine equipment preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Read and write in standard English and proficient performing basic math calculations such as addition and subtraction.
- Ability to successfully complete on the job training program
- Ability to successfully complete all required health and environmental safety training.
- Ability to communicate in standard English to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Keep simple records
- Ability to work well with people.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with company and department guidelines.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to walk long distances, climb, stand for long periods of time, bend, crouch, and stooping may be required.
- Must also be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities.
- Work environment is a noisy, high traffic production floor.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Willing to work in all types of weather.
Back to top