TERRITORY MANAGER- SOFT SURFACES- CENTRAL OREGON
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Sales Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Sales Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us! We are currently looking for candidates for a Soft Surfaces Territory Manager position, covering Central Oregon (to include Salem, Albany, Central Coast & Bend).
To be the primary Residential Soft Surface Territory Manager for Mohawk Industries in the respective territory. To achieve the short and long term sales goals and objectives established in the company’s Business Plan. Sales goals and objectives will be achieved by selling and servicing existing customers and prospecting for new customers in the territory covering Central Oregon (to include Salem, Albany, Central Coast & Bend).
- Performs Sales Calls: This includes but is not limited to: traveling to customers and potential customer’s facilities, providing them with information and support, making sales presentations to prospective and present clients, calculating and quoting prices, taking orders and closing transactions; contacting prospects and explaining features and merits of products or services offered, utilizing persuasive sales and negotiation techniques; answering all questions concerning a product or service.
- Monitors territory performance against established goals & objectives and takes the appropriate action to continuously improve performance.
- Provides customer service to ensure resolution of issues adhering to established policies; communicates customer requirements and requests support from other departments as necessary; provides product specific customer feedback (i.e. product features, quality, functionality, competition, possible sales results, etc.) to product line managers, management or customer service personnel as appropriate to assist in achieving company’s mission, vision and objectives
- Assists in establishing sales objectives for the territory in conjunction with the District Manager and ensures sales activities in the territory comply with established policies, procedures and practices.
- Uses good judgment and decision-making to ensure corporate ethical and professional standards of conduct are maintained in the absence of formalized guidelines.
- Stays abreast and informs management of industry, product, economic, and other territory changes that may impact sales and overall company business.
- Implements a territory coverage plan, which defines the type of support and frequency of customer contact required to meet territory goals.
- Performs additional activities and provides training or materials necessary to achieve specific product sales goals in key accounts and markets.
- Manages business expenses in accordance with corporate guidelines; ensures all assigned company owned equipment, vehicles, documents, materials, etc. are used, maintained and stored as required and in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible work related experience and any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job;
- Ability to learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s diverse business and product lines.
- Knowledge of the terms, concepts and practices of the marketing and sales environment, to include basic accounting, product developments and manufacturing procedures, distribution, customer service, etc.
- Proficient using a PC, e-mail and other in-house database systems.
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers and business contacts, at all organizational levels; ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups, ability to achieve results through team efforts, and ability to persuade, market, and sell new ideas.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze statistical and financial data to develop solutions.
- Ability to enter and track orders in mohawknet.com.
- Ability to travel.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Back to top