TERRITORY MANAGER HARD SURFACES - MIDLAND/ODESSA TX & NM
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best sales professionals to help facilitate our continued growth! At Mohawk we’re always creating opportunities for high performing Sales Professionals! Are you the best? If so come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge - allowing you to focus on selling!
- We dominate the space in the flooring category
- Our product portfolio is second to none
- We have a great and experienced sales support staff and the latest in technical tools (iPad Air, proprietary account management application)
- Company sales leaders have an unparalleled track record of success; they know how to build top-producing sales organizations
Territory Manager (TM) – Mohawk Hard Surfaces - MIDLAND/ODESSA, TX & NM
We are seeking a high energy Intuitive/Practical/Independent Sales Professionals with outstanding relationship skills and a strong motivation toward action and results to join our division and drive our Fortune 500 brand.
TMs are tasked with increasing penetration and market-share with all of Mohawk target categories/products.
Focus will be on selling to existing accounts, but shall also spend some portion of time working toward bringing on new business by opening new accounts or selling to new dealers. Primary focus is to grow account sales and margins by taking business from competitors and converting it to Mohawk. Requires representatives to be (professionally) aggressive within existing accounts to grow our portfolio and make Mohawk the “go-to” brand within our category and with our customers and consumers. Success will be measured by the TM’s ability to grow their business. Representatives who are driven to just maintain and service the current customers at the same level will not be successful in these roles. Simultaneously growing the accounts while providing outstanding service is the end goal and will be the metric by which success is measured. If you are driven by a competitive nature and the need to grow and win then this may be a great opportunity for you.
- Analyze territory and accounts to determine best opportunities for growth
- Prioritize time and communicate targeted accounts and growth plan with District Manager
- Meet with a minimum of 5 accounts per day (average of 7) to grow sales and drive higher margins and sales dollars
- Maximize price and margin (within given guidelines)
- Identify and develop relationships with GMs, Owners and key personnel (sales associates) at accounts
- Make and attend meetings with larger customers or growth targeted customers on a consistent weekly/bi-weekly basis
- Make telephone calls to existing accounts to maintain and grow relationships, set appointments, schedule presentations, etc.
- Reply to customer inquiries in a responsive manner (less than 24 hours from initial call)
- Meet monthly sales objectives by category (including promotional items)
- Respond to service issues or complaints and resolve fairly while maintaining and improving customer relationships
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Build displays and fixtures and place at dealer locations
- Create and prepare for sales presentations utilizing products, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Negotiate favorable pricing and contracts
- Generate orders and close sales
- Utilize Sales Action (call) List and report on status - move information iPad or other data source
- Enter orders (verbal or written purchase order) either online or by telephone
- Monitor orders to ensure timely fulfillment and communicate status with customers
- Educate customers on products and put programs in place by analyzing needs
- Monitor market and competition
- Be responsive to customers and prioritize needs
- Travel 5 days a week within territory
- Ability and motivation to work additional hours to achieve success
- In-person meetings – 65%
- Telephone – 15%
- Troubleshooting/internal processes – 10%
- Travel – 10% (assigned territory)
- High school diploma required; college degree a plus.
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible work related experience and any combination of education and training, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to learn and maintain indepth knowledge of the company’s diverse business and product lines.
- Knowledge of the terms, concepts and practices of the marketing and sales environment, to include basic accounting, product developments and manufacturing procedures, distribution, customer service, etc.
- Proficient using a PC, e-mail and other in-house database systems.
- Ability to enter and track orders in mohawknet.com.
- Ability to travel.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and vehicle with liability insurance.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers and business contacts, at all organizational levels; ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups, ability to achieve results through team efforts, and ability to persuade, market, and sell new ideas.
- Ability and motivation to work additional hours to achieve success. Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze statistical and financial data to develop solutions
- Ability to successfully negotiate while maintaining relationships.
- Possible limited exposure to dust and fumes in warehouses and retailers
- May be required to lift and move up to 35 lbs
- We retain the right to modify, adjust or change relevant job duties as business needs dictate
- Extended periods of standing, sitting, and or driving will be required
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step and Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top