Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Technical Supervisor, Manages quality control, glaze preparation, technical operations, process reliability and improvements.
- Key leader in the development and implementation of safe work practices, as well as setting safe condition standards; particularly in the areas of ergonomics and material handling.
- Evaluates new process technologies and communicates with Technical Manager on technical operations.
- Ensures corrective measures are taken to maintain product quality standards.
- Supervises process improvement research and new product introduction and monitors the research of new materials to improve processes and reduce costs.
- Conducts Quality Control audits and coordinates corrective actions when audits reveal operations outside control plan specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and effectiveness of the color change in production.
- Coordinates with Production the scheduling of test runs of the next product line.
- Oversees body and glaze formulations for respective shift(s).
- Resolves technical problems with regards to shade variations, glaze defects, application problems and other problems as needed.
- Maintains standards and assists Technical Manager with process improvements with success measured by process reliability.
- Monitor inventory of raw materials and discuss with Technical Manager those recommended for purchase.
- Coordinates necessary training identified in technical areas using internal and external resources.
- Maintains calibration of plant technical quality control equipment.
- Ensures safe and healthy working conditions and ensures an organized work environment.
- Maintains budget, records, and other controls to keep costs at a minimum consistent with efficient operations.
Education and Knowledge:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Ceramic Engineering or equivalent experience with knowledge of ceramic industry. Strong Mechanical and Electrical skill set required.
1-3 years supervisory/operations experience. Strong technical background in the tile/ceramic industry and previous quality control experience.
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- Must be able to stand and walk on concrete floors for several hours at a time. Must be able to lift multiple boxes of tile from the floor - up to 75 lbs.
Core competencies include strong communications skills, organization, data analysis and interpretation, and ability to prioritize. Ability to train, coach and problem solve. Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Back to top