TECHNICAL SERVICES COORDINATOR
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Ensure effective and efficient coordination between the Company and its customers with a high level of service and support. Establish and maintain positive business relationships both internally and externally to promote company goals. Works independently and relies on knowledge and experience in answering HARDWOOD, LAMINATE, SHEET VINYL OR LVT product technical questions from callers both internally and externally. Understands the basics of HARDWOOD/LAMINATE product installation and can communicate that knowledge to customers. Will consider those with soft surface experience.
- Takes calls from customers and Account Executives on the following topics:
- Product specifications
- All product construction specifics
- Product warranties
- Product maintenance
- Subfloor preparation
- Adhesives and sundries
- Regulatory requirements (MSDS, LEED, Green Label, etc.)
- Product certifications and test reports
- Independent decision maker who can work with little to no daily supervision.
- Deals with complex topics that may result in product purchase decisions.
- Requires a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize in order to achieve success.
- Composes and maintains internal and external correspondence and other documents to include topical Technical Data Sheets.
- Partners with the salesforce in helping to solve problems and secure projects.
- Have the ability to seek out assistance from others within the organization, including Product Management, Manufacturing and Quality Control, to better support our salesforce and customers.
- Supports the Claims team where product technical expertise is needed.
- Ability to discern what is being requested and the ability to communicate responses clearly in order to achieve success.
- Interfaces daily with both internal and external customers.
- Field technical inquiries, provides guidance, and develops alternate solutions.
- Take overflow calls from Consumer Affairs.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- High School or equivalent.
- Three years prior experience in HARDWOOD, LAMINATE, LVT OR SHEET VINYL technical support, quality control, manufacturing, product development or customer service.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with management, internal and external business contacts.
- Must possess a high level of diplomacy, discretion and judgment in dealing with callers.
- Strong analytic and research skills to provide solutions for callers.
- Ability to read and understand professional business correspondence. (test reports, specifications, warranties)
- Proficient level of skills and knowledge of computers / AS400 system as well as Word, Excel
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of general office policies and procedures. Organized and able to handle a large volume of daily calls and emails effectively.
- Strong customer service orientation while projecting a positive image on behalf of the organization.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top