Technical Administrator - Development Operations
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best TECHNICAL ADMINISTRATOR - DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing TECHNICAL ADMINISTRATOR - DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Responsible for Managing all on-prem eMPower Applications and their environments- Java Domain: Hybris Commerce, Adobe DAM, Solr Farm, Microsoft/.NET: Sitecore, Biztalk, ABAP: Hybris Marketing, ALM Suite of Applications: Bamboo, SonarQube, and Dynatrace
- Responsible Managing the following eMPower Applications on Shared Cloud (Joint responsibility with the Vendor)
- CRM: Salesforce (Cloud); C4C (Cloud)
- The Technical Administrator responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the On-Prem Applications’ technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the transport system for code migration, upgrades and patch releases while working in conjunction with the Technical Leads of each of these applications.
- A key area of responsibility is the documentation and updating of the existing environments and work with IT and business units to modernize the application environments as necessary
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team to coordinate and perform relevant Server/Database/Machine upgrades as necessary.
- Act as the release manager in communicating code/patch/software releases to the different stakeholders in IT and Business
- Own the eMPower Release Calendar for all of the eMPower Applications.
- Implement and maintain the multiple instances that comprise the On Prem and Cloud Application environment (development, test, training and production).
- Maintain the integrity of the environments by managing the ALM tools and their use in transport of software releases/bug fixes and enhancements to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each On Prem application instance.
- Design and implement an optimal Application configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Install and configure all required database servers and application servers.
- Manage Application users, authorizations, and profiles.
- Distribute the online user workload and monitor and manage the background job workload.
- Maintain Application performance by planning and executing relevant tuning strategies.
- Monitor all systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.).
- Administer the Application databases with Database Administrator (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.).
- Participate in the planning and implementation of system upgrades.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement. Experience must include…
- 3+ years as Technical Architect or Technical Administrator
- 4+ years of Dev Ops Experience
- Working knowledge of running and tuning applications in a production environment
- Experience with continuous integrations is a must using Bamboo, GITHUB, Jenkins, Maven, and Nexus
- Advanced understanding of infrastructure, network, and operating systems
- Familiarity with development progression and packaging concepts
- Operational background understanding systems monitoring and diagnostics
- Ability to draw demarcation points and logically step through complex troubleshooting scenarios
- Advanced understanding of middleware and web environments, Tomcat and Apache
- Experience with RDBMS, e.g. Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
- Experience of system integrations, e.g. using JMS, web services (REST), or ETL tools
- Experience and understanding of application performance tuning
- Experience with working in Agile/Scrum teams
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group, to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to manage/implement projects and contributes to concept development, and ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top