TAX ACCOUNTANT II
Under general supervision and with discretion appropriate to this job level:
- Prepares corporate tax workpapers and returns. Assists with corporate tax projects and tax accounting requirements.
- Researches tax issues and effectively communicates the effects on business activities and strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Prepare and analyze financial and tax accounts, records and reports. Effectively work with others within the company to understand transactions to ensure proper tax treatment.
- Prepare federal, state and international (5471,8858) income tax reporting and related workpapers including: estimated tax payments, extension calculations, separate company returns, consolidated returns, required compliance disclosures, and amended returns.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment focused on improved use of technology. Design and update process and procedures to streamline the tax compliance process.
- Monitor tax law developments and their potential impact on the Company.
- Preform research for return preparation and strategic planning. Compile and analyze data for making recommendations based on findings.
- Maintain tax compliance calendar to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Maintains a positive attitude and works well under tight deadlines.
- Provide support to team members and perform other duties as assigned.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required – CPA a plus
- Proficient with OneSource Income Tax Software (or other comparable tax preparation software)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- 2 – 5 Years Tax Compliance Experience
- Familiar with and ability to apply general knowledge in the absence of oral/documented guidelines related to the Company’s departmental procedures, practices and standards.
- Good working knowledge of income tax concepts and accounting principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals. Must effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written, diagram or schedule form.
- Must work well with others and interact with various company personnel outside the tax department.
- Performs other duties as required.
Back to top