Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Sustainability Coordinator professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Sustainability Coordinator Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Play a key role in supporting, enhancing, and communicating Mohawk’s efforts that have resulted in Mohawk being recognized as one of the most sustainable companies nationally. In this position, you will support the Sustainability Director, employees, and customers, in the following roles:
- Assist with technical needs and tools related to all aspects of building product sustainability, including LEED, recycling, EPDs, HPDs, Declare, the Living Building Challenge, and international sustainability standards
- Oversee and coordinate sustainability training of the sales force including maintaining CEU materials
- Lead internal sustainability employee engagement teams, overseeing subcommittees and projects
- Organize employee volunteer programs
- Assist with RFI and RFP responses related to sustainability
- Represent Mohawk at sustainability and environmental events, trade shows , and with other external audiences and customer meetings as needed
- Assist in preparing sustainability communications for internal and external purposes
- Provide support and maintain records of LEED, Living Building Challenge projects, recycling, and other company-wide sustainability initiatives
- Must have a passion for sustainability
- Four year college degree in environmental science, engineering, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Two years experience implementing and coordinating sustainability programs or five years combination advanced education (Master’s degree) and experience in sustainability or environmental field.
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP accreditation highly preferred.
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced proficiency levels in: Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and social media platforms.
- Wide range of knowledge on environmental issues.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative, problem solving and resourcefulness.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with management, internal and external customers, and ability to maintain corporate standards and professionalism.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills with proven success in leading diverse teams.
- Skill set that includes command of work independently, setting priorities, handling multiple tasks with concentration, speed and accuracy to meet deadlines.
- Experience developing marketing materials, employee training and customer communications highly preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans
that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top