Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Directs daily activities of assigned group of hourly and temporary employees working in a Distribution Center. Activities of employees supervised could include loading, shipping and receiving products, or office and clerical functions. Develops work schedules, and monitors employee performance. Trains employees, and ensures policies and procedures are followed.
- Schedule and oversee employee job assignments to meet customer needs
Participate in hiring decisions of new employees and monitor employee performance
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Conduct performance evaluations, and administer corrective action when appropriate
- Warehouse Supervisors may train new employees on equipment operation, shipping, receiving, loading, unloading, and other warehouse responsibilities
- Provide backup in absence of manager, and backup other employees, performing any functions needed in assigned area
- Set a positive example for employees by demonstrating safe work habits, dependability, and commitment to perform quality work
- Assist in leading safety meetings and implementing safety initiatives
- Keep staff well informed of new procedures and any other changes
- Warehouse Supervisors may be responsible for overseeing inventory control and cycle counts
- Address and resolve customer service issues as they arise
- May compile and analyze data and reports related to warehouse operations
- Complete other assignments and projects as requested by management
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Experience in functions being supervised
- Previous supervision experienced preferred.
- Ability to milti-task and prioritize.
- Good Communication skills.
- Committed to quality customer service.
- Demonstrated positive work habits, dependability, and good attendance.
- Good working knowledge of AS400.
- Basic knowledge and commitment to Mohawk safety standards.
- High School diploma or GED required
Back to top